Between us all here at Hummingbird, we have been to almost all the resorts in the Maldives and 5 common reasons keep popping up as to why it remains our top destination and why we think Maldives is the ultimate bucket list holiday.
- One of the few places in the world to have the one island one resort concept. The islands are dotted like pearls on a necklace across the archipelago and on each sits just one hotel. It doesn’t get more Robinson Crusoe than this. The whole island is yours to explore.
- Maldives is gifted with hues of clear blue water. It offers unrivalled visibility underwater for diving and the chance to swim freely with dolphins, turtles, whale sharks, manta rays, reef sharks and more in their natural habitat. Best part is no harm is caused to the sealife. In fact you can even leave a positive mark and plant a coral at the hotels coral nursery.
- Attention to detail and impeccable service. Pioneers of luxury travel, these hoteliers left no grain of sand unturned when it came creating the ultimate luxury experience complete with rooms designed by award winning architects and food made by world class chefs. In Maldives, nothing goes amiss.
- Stargazing on a clear night. Locals refer to romance as ‘thari beylun’ meaning bringing stars down [for your loved one] and this phrase could not be more fitting for this honeymoon destination. Expect to get chills when you are lying on your your deck chairs in the evening watching the Milky Way pass by. In some hotels you can go up to the observatory and have a go on the telescope.
- Sunsets! It not a myth, it’s impossible to take a bad picture of the Maldives, let alone of a sunset. See it for yourself, how can you not want to be there!